Hydropool Hot Tubs Inc.
Client: Hydropool Hot Tubs Inc.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Creative Development
- Script Writing
- Texturing & Lighting
- Photorealistic 3D animation
- Video Editing
- Voice over Recording & Editing
- Sound Design
- Royalty free music
- Delivery format: YouTube
Hydropool Corporate Headquarters needed a way to showcase their innovative Self-Clean Filtration and Energy Efficient Insulation features in their hot tubs, which save maintenance time and money for consumers. They needed a creative and engaging visual tool to aid their marketing and sales initiatives, so they could easily show the technology and how it benefits the buyer. Visual Communications & Marketing (VCM) was called upon for a video production and/or animation solution. After the initial discovery meeting we looked at live action vs. animation options.
We decided that photorealistic 3D animation would work best because we would be able to visualize the inner workings of the hot tub and effectively show how the Self-Clean Filtration and Energy Efficient Insulation technologies work. This is something that live action video would never be able to achieve. We utilized the beauty and realism that 3D animation offers and provided a feasible solution for Hydropool that met their needs, budget and objectives. Since we were creating two pieces of content at one time we could be more cost effective with the solution.
With only schematics and dimensions to work from we modeled everything from scratch. Each part of the hot tub was precisely modeled in order to achieve accuracy of the product and to show the inner workings of the technology. Water simulations were used along with motion graphics and voice over to convey the flow of the story and visualize the technologies with realism.
- Hydropool was very impressed with the results and launched the videos on Feb. 2, 2012
- Hydropool saw increased interest, inquiries and sales within the first week of launching the videos. Business goals were achieved and exceeded
- Hydropool saw return on investment and the animations are still used today
- The content was used as a sales and marketing tool on their company website, Pay Per Click landing pages for digital marketing, YouTube, on iPads in their showroom as well as in their Trade show booth for domestic and international tradeshows
- Sales reps use the animations to explain features to consumers so they understand how the Self-Cleaning Filtration system and Energy Efficient technologies work and their benefits in saving costs and maintenance time