Humber College Students’ Federation
Client: Humber College Students’ Federation
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Type: Commercials / Promotional
- Creative Development
- Script Writing
- 2 Day Video Production On location
- Graphic Package
- Logo Animation
- Royalty free music
- Delivery format: YouTube
Humber College is one of the best Colleges in Canada with an emphasis on hands-on, career focused learning. The College provides a great resource for all students called the Humber Students’ Federation (HSF). HSF needed to create an awareness campaign to inform and promote what HSF does and offers the student body from the services they offer, clubs as well as governance. They needed video content as a communications tool and to enhance their online presence.
A Request for Proposal (RFP) was sent out by the College so they could get local Toronto video production companies to send in proposals. Visual Communications & Marketing (VCM) put in a proposal and was awarded the project because of the creative, strategy and visual execution along with providing a cost effective, practical approach. The timeline for producing 4 videos was 6-weeks including revisions and client approvals.
VCM developed and presented 4 scripts along with storyboards and storylines to Humber College Students’ Federation for the commercials. The creative and storylines were approved at the first meeting. We auditioned a few different students that worked for the HSF to be on-camera and narrate the spots. Each video had a different student narrating in order to give variety as well as show diversity. A couple of other students were casted to act in particular storylines. VCM skillfully strategized and coordinated the video production, so we could spend one-day filming at the Lakeshore campus in Toronto and one-day at the North Campus in Etobicoke. Each day of filming was used to film the speakers as well as capture b-roll footage around each campus with selected talent. We executed the editing, created custom titles and a graphic package in a timely fashion.
- The commercials were released on HSF’s website, YouTube and social media channels before the new school year started
- The commercials were used to support HSF’s online presence and received a lot of attraction within the first week of launching the campaign
- HSF experienced an increase in students, especially ones in their first year contacting them about more information and how they could access the variety of resources HSF offers
- HSF was happy with the results and saw a lot of value from the commercial campaign
- The videos achieved exactly what they were set out to do plus more
- HSF contacted Visual Communications & Marketing the following year to create another video campaign
“We hired VCM to film a series of commercials and the final product was fantastic.
Paul and his team were great – incredibly organized, professional, and passionate about the work they do.
These videos have become a staple of our online presence and we are very happy with the result!”
Nick Farnell, MBA – Operations Manager, School of Applied Technology – Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning