Newcomers to the video marketing realm often ask us where to begin. With hundreds of video production companies offering a variety of services, it can be hard to know which one is best for you. We understand the stakes, so we use our years of experience to point you in the right direction.
What’s So Special about Video?
In the past decade, the explosion of the internet has made video sharing as easy as the click of a button. Twenty years ago, there was no such thing as a viral video. Now, everyone has a shot at having their recordings seen by millions.
It’s quite obvious as to why the video medium has become the most popular. It stimulates the senses by using sights and sounds, which engage the audience more than, say, a photograph, or a song. As a company, using video to sell your product will almost certainly ensure that it will be seen by the masses.
- Did you know that in 2014, 64% of internet traffic was driven by video? And that number is expected to increase by over 30% by 2019!
Choosing the Right Production Company for your Business
Of course, it’s not quite that easy. Videos create an impact and are influential, even when they are not trying to be. Consumers will likely assume that the quality of your video is directly correlated to the quality of your product. That’s not to mention, you could be paying anywhere from a few thousand to a few hundred thousand dollars for a production company’s services.
This is why it’s very important to pick a corporate video production company in Toronto that understands the nature and needs of your business, your product, services, and your budget. We’re here to help you navigate the overwhelming amount of options that you have in order to find the best one for you.
How We Approach Making Videos
Video, as we know, is an incredibly versatile medium. We look at what we are trying to sell, and we fit the video to that product. Perhaps you need to show the audience a number of statistics in your commercial. We might say that a flashier animation would do a better job at illustrating these numbers in a way that grabs the viewers’ attention, than text over a live action video.
On the contrary, maybe you have a business that sells jet skis, and some breathtaking action shots and drone shots say more than an animation ever could. This is where a videographer comes in handy! There are an unlimited number of approaches you can take. Picking the most suitable one, is the trick.
Take a look at Business Insider’s top 5 TV commercials of 2016:
- Microsoft “Woman Made”
- M&M’s “Zedd and Blacc”
- Pantene – “Girls into Women”
- Android – “Rock Paper Scissors”
- Samsung – “Why”
As you can see, each company has a very different approach. What’s similar is that their approach works for their product!
How to Pick a Video Production Company in Toronto and the GTA
- Take a look at the company’s website. See if you like what they’ve done on their previous projects. If you don’t like what they have, then move on to the next production company.
- Pick up the phone. You may be able to brief them about what you need, but its best if you can make an appointment to talk in person. You might get a feel for how friendly and approachable they are over the phone.
- Meet in person. You’ll be able to ask questions, discuss budgets and express ideas in person. You’ll likely know if a video production company in Toronto is the right fit after you have met with them in person.
If you’re looking for an experienced and skilled videographer in Toronto and the GTA, give us a call at VCM Interactive. Whether providing you with our own services, or pointing you in the right direction, we’re here to help bring your product to life through the video medium. Call us at 905-361-2977 or send us an email at [email protected].