How to duplicate DVD’s, as explained by DVD duplication Toronto.
As most of you reading this know that DVD is a digital optical disc storage device, invented and developed by Sony, Philips and Panasonic in 1995.
Duplication is the process of simply copying or burning the data into a recordable DVD. The data is digitally extracted from the master source and transferred to the blank DVD precisely.
Steps for DVD duplication Toronto
1) Creating a Master DVD – A master disc refers to the disc by which all duplicates will be made. If the master disc has errors, then the duplicated discs will have the same errors. So, your objective in creating your own master is to create a disc that is error free.
We recommend using proper equipment and best media to record your disc. Make sure to ‘Finalize’ or close the disc after recording it. Also verify your new master disc copy to be sure it’s ready for duplication.
To make a DVD that will play in a DVD player you’ll need to get your movie file encoded to the DVD video format. We recommend you use a professional video production company to produce the master DVD for you.
Make sure you’re using a format that your end users will be able read. Verification will compare the burned disc to the original files and check for errors. Use a disc burning program that does verification.
2) The quality of print & duplication for you depends largely on the quality of the artwork and master you give us.
The artwork should also be given more attention since people want to get their money’s worth. You should also bear in mind that you are competing with “free” digital media, so you may offer them something that cannot be downloaded- a beautiful artwork that’s worth buying.
Whilst every care is taken in the preparation of final artwork, it is essential that the artwork be checked thoroughly by you for spelling and formating. Artwork needs to go onto templates. Even though a template is only a placement guide, you still need to have a design or layout program .
3) Choosing the right duplication company can be difficult.
To be able to make an informed choice when selecting between duplication suppliers, Often its hard to make comparison between quotes, the trick is to consider choosing good from bad. Also take into account the level of customer service and turnaround times.
a) You need a quote that is clear and easy to understand. How your potential supplier deals with your quote is likely to reflect how they will deal with your order. A speedy and accurate quote is a good sign.
b) What is being quoted- There are several ways to duplicate and print your DVDs or CDs which vary in cost and print quality.
c) Turnaround times – make sure that the duplication company can provide quick turnaround times. If you need your order in a hurry they should be able to accommodate with rushing your order at an extra fee.
4) DVD duplication Toronto has a variety of packaging options:
There are lots of considerations other than aesthetic appeal and budget when it comes to choosing the right packaging for your CD or DVD.
Why DVD cases are important?
It doesn’t matter what type of DVD case you use, right? Wrong. In most cases, the DVD case is more important than the actual DVD itself because it has marketing appeal and protects your disc. Packaging options include:
• Trap sheet for the DVD case showcasing the artwork
• Custom packaging
• Digipaks – Digipacks has been a popular choice for packaging DVD’s for it gives the product a professional look and feel. It is a versatile packaging option. Should you prefer we can package your DVDs in digipacks.
5) Duplication services can be convenient when you don’t have time to fuss with doing it yourself. All you have to do is supply them with your master discs. Regardless of the number of discs you choose to duplicate, your order can take a few business days.
6) Label Printing on discs:
Once you have recorded something to a disc, you will then need to distinguish it from other similar media. How can this be done? Of course, by labelling. At VCM we have two standard Label print solutions for duplicated DVD’s. Look after your marketing requirements to decide upon the labeling option. Digital printing vs. silk screening.
Silk screening– We offer silk-screen printed DVD’s. Silk screening is cost-effective and is the best way to retain the exact colour retention of your artwork onto the face of the disc.
7) Turnaround time:
It’s important to stress here, that while a speedy turnaround is important, quality is king. It takes 2-10 business days depending on the order quantity. DVD duplication Toronto is a good starting point to have videos mass produced. For more information about DVD duplication, printing and packaging options, please request a quote. A professional video production company can save you a lot of time and effort with your project.