Toronto is the most populous city in Canada and it has grown to become one of the most important economic hubs in North America. It is no wonder then that both global and local companies are leveraging this dynamic region to grow their brands. It goes without saying that competition around here is stiff and only the creative businesses survive.
Whatever the size of your company, it is possible to grow your venture through professional video production Toronto services. While there are many others ways to promote your company video has emerged as the most versatile digital tool and for many good reasons. This area is home to some big films including American Psycho, Total Recall, Good Will Hunting and A Christmas Story due to great scenery.
The Place of Video Production Toronto
According to a 2015 Social Media Examiner survey, 37% of marketing specialists said video is the second most important form of content. Another survey by HubSpot says that 64% of viewers are likely to purchase a product after watching a promotion. The same survey observed that 87% of online marketers now use visual content due to the high ROI. A 2016 Cisco project indicates that video will account for 80% of all internet traffic by 2019.
Video Production Toronto– Film Process and Permissions
The bottom-line is that your local business should invest in an expert to create an impressive production that will meet your marketing objectives. Before starting the filming project, it is crucial to get the prerequisite filming permits.
The filming permissions ensure your project doesn’t run into legal hurdles, which can be costly. Such legal problems can also ruin your brand reputation. The process entails:
- Applying for a permit: This applies for a location filming permit, which covers parking for production vehicles.
- Insurance certificate: Permits are only issued after an insurance certificate is provided.
- Production information: All details about the project are provided for evaluation.
- Permits and red cards: These are issued after evaluation of all documents.
- Letter of notification: In case you need to shoot on business and residential locations, you need a notification letter. This letter must be distributed widely in the area as instructed by the Toronto Film, Television and Digital Media Office (TFTO) staff.
- Copyright music release: Never use just any music in your content without the legal authority. Obtaining this release is a complex affair because of the complex nature of the music industry. For instance, some compositions are considered public, while others are covers. There are also YouTube materials and you need to know what can be legally used without any risks.
The permit is free unless you have vehicles standing in areas with meters. There are also other permits that are designated for different locations and modes. These include helicopter and park filming and traffic disruption. TFTO is very keen on safety and it is thus crucial to observe all guidelines to avoid accidents or any other hurdles. By observing the permissions granted and working within their stated guidelines, you will enjoy a seamless video for your organization.
At VCM Interactive you can find solutions for any of your video production needs in Toronto. Whether it’s the quality or budget you are concerned about feel free to contact us or visit www.vcminteractive.com. We are happy to learn about your project and provide a solution that best suits your needs.